Friday, July 31, 2009

Bubble Skirt

So I got a new catalog the other day and seen the most adorable outfit in it! Of coarse it is a boutique catalog, and everything is super rediculously expensive. I set off to Hobby Lobby in search for some Bamboo Crochet thread, and ended up in the fabrics. I found the prettiest chocolate brown taffeta!! So I grabbed a few yards, and planned on making Elaina a pair of ruffle pants, and Mia a bubble skirt. I went through the patterns to probe my theroy of how to make a bubble skirt, cos I don't like to have to think and figure out something if it's already been done for me! LOL. No luck there. I was certain the internet would have something. It did, of coarse, but I still didnt' get out of thinking and figuring..... I had to take the basic idea of the tutorial, and then correct some little ameture mistakes. I will be posting my corrected tutorial on here, unfortunately it won't have pictures, as I have already completed my goal. But I will try to make it as simple as possible, and include diagrams for you...cos if you are like me, you HAVE to see it done, or at least be able to see what the person is talking about. Since it's late, and Mia's already in bed, I'll take a few pics of her in it tomorrow for you to coo at!

On other news, the girls finished their Bengal Belles dance camp today. We got to go and enjoy a little mini recital they put on for all the parents. Mia was so stinkin cute, and Elaina did wonderful as well! I am going to try to get a vid up on Facebook if I can make it work...no luck so far...but I reeeeeally want to post them!

~Till next time~



No comments: