Monday, May 9, 2011

Sweet Little Sweater

Maybe you know me, maybe you don't, but I just adore a newborn. Their sweet tiny hands and feet, their adorable little cries, and of coarse I don't know of one person who doesn't just swoon at the smell of a freshly bathed newborn. I can remember fighting with my mother overwho got to sniff Elaina after her bath (she's 9 now).... I also enjoy crafting for newborns as well. I love the speedy satisfaction I get from it since it's so small, and I really enjoy feeling the yummy fibers baby yarn has flowing through my fingers as I work.

I have been noticing that EVERYONE who is pregnant, that I know at least, is having/just had a baby BOY. There is absolutely nothing like a handmade gift for a new little darling. I can't help myself from devising ideas for a friend, or sometimes someone I don't even know who has a baby. Which brings me to this....... I have been just DYING to show you my latest project. I have been working on it for about a month, and just sewed the last button on it this afternoon.

Isn't it just delicious?? My favorite thing is the little buttoned sleeve cuffs, and the stockinette edging......



It was such a joy to make, and I can't wait to send it off to NY!

Are you a knitter? click here for the pattern....ITs FREE



No comments: